Saturday, 23 February 2013

Slashed Bathmat Project Club

Our next Project Club is on Wednesday March 6

Slashed Bathmat or Bedside mat
Featuring Chenille cuts and Blooms
Book now - limited spots available.

Ph Wendy on 0402 309 047

Getting back into classes after all that rain

Marg's quick and easy buckets - easy gift idea

Pintucked & Scalloped Pillowcase

Pinning the binding on

More pinning

Pulling up the gathering sticthes

Adding piping to a cushion

Shortening a favourite dress

Lesley's retro cushion cover for her op shop stool

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Australia Day long weekend

Managed to get some sewing done over the long weekend.
Both fabrics were gifted and of some unknown vintage.
The skirt is drafted to my personal measurements featuring a centre back invisible zip, waist facing and lining. Due to the nature of the print,
I spent a bit of time playing with the layout so as not to have
focal points in the wrong places.
The top is a Lutterloh pattern, tweaked a little.

I inserted an invisible zip in the side seam as per the pattern, though it is roomy enough to take on and off without opening it to do so. If I make another of similar weight fabric I would eliminate the zip, however if the fabric was heavier I would be inclined to leave it in.
Very pleased with this outfit.

I've been sewing

Looks like a skirt

Still looks like a skirt

But it's actually a pair of shorts with a front flap.

I've had this pattern in my stash for about 10 years.
The fabric (stretch woven with a pinstripe) was a bargain from Lincraft for $3m that I've had for about a year.
I lengthened the shorts and flap about 2"/5cm and moved the zip (invisible) to the centre back.
I used a light weight remnant for the lining of the flap and also the facings.
These are very comfortable and a bit more dressy than shorts.
Now just need to find time to make some more...
Tried a new method of applying the facings. Very happy with the results.