Sunday 23 March 2014

Boonah Guides Quilt Show & Australian Sewing Guild

Last weekend I attended the Boonah Quilt Show which is held every second year by the Girl Guides in Boonah. I haven't been able to make it to the last couple, so it was great to be able to catch up with some sewing friends, as well as doing a little shopping including shoes (on special - bonus) from Maynards.
Robyn Christoffel is my very good friend from a life time ago,
and is a very talented textile artist.
Teresa and Patricia had a stall for Close to My Heart Scrapbooking and I caught Teresa cutting out on the floor behind her stand.
Making the most of her available time.

Part of my role as Regional Coordinator with the Australian Sewing Guild
is to encourage new members and start new Groups.
Well there is a new Group called Common Threads starting very soon.
There will be a general interest meeting on Tuesday April 29 at 9.30 followed by their first Group Meeting on Tuesday May 6.
If you'd like to come along just give me a call on 0402 309 047.
We'd love to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment